Franklin, TN, October 16, 2023 – Six substance use disorder facilities in the Summit BHC family have been recognized on Newsweek’s list of America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers 2023. This prestigious award is presented by Newsweek and Statista Inc., the world-leading statistics portal and industry ranking provider. The awards list was announced on August 16, 2023, and can currently be viewed on Newsweek’s website. The six facilities are:
- Cottonwood Tucson, Tucson, AZ
- Mountain Laurel Recovery Center, Westfield, PA
- Seabrook, Bridgeton, NJ
- The Aviary Recovery Center, Eolia, MO
- Twin Lakes Recovery Center, Monroe, GA
- Wooded Glen Recovery Center, Henryville, IN
The America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers 2023 list highlights the nation’s top facilities based on quality of service, reputation, and accreditation relative to in state competition. Facilities in the 25 states with the highest number of addiction treatment centers, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), were included in the survey. The evaluation process was comprised of three steps:
- Recommendations from Peers: Over 4,000 medical professionals (therapists, counselors, medical doctors) and managers/administrators who work in addiction treatment facilities were invited to an online survey. Recommendations for their employer were not allowed.
- Quality Score: Participants were also asked to rank the quality dimensions which influence the quality of rehabilitation facilities.
- Accreditation Score: Accreditation data on addiction treatment centers provided by The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Being recognized on Newsweek’s list of America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers 2023 validates the commitment to quality care on behalf of the teams at these facilities in the last year.
“We are so proud of the care provided at these facilities,” says Brent Turner, CEO of Summit. “We have amazing people working across the country and being included six times in a list of the nation’s top facilities is proof that our commitment is paying off. I congratulate all the teams at these locations for this well-deserved recognition.”
Headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee, and founded in 2013, Summit’s mission is to develop and operate a network of leading behavioral health hospitals and addiction treatment centers throughout the country while improving all the lives we touch. The Company’s primary focus is on the provision of psychiatric services and substance use disorder treatment within a flexible, compassionate, and dynamic continuum of care. The leadership team at Summit is composed of senior executives with decades of combined experience in the behavioral healthcare industry at the national level. The Company currently owns and operates 35 freestanding facilities in 19 states across the country.